Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Andy Uttley, Alteryx ACE, makes music with Alteryx | Math + Music

XML Input Data Issues

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

I am using the input tool on an xml file.  Below is a portion of the xml file. On the input tool i have selected Return Root Element and Return Child values.  

The columns are pulling in, but the Values in Box0360 and Box0370 aren't being displayed and receiving a message that the cell has embedded newlines. What do I need to do in order to see the values ?  

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII"?>
<!--EasyFileForm-->
<EasyFileForm endingDate="2020-03-31T00:00:00" filingfirmID="0175111" firmID="P065667" formType="R" formID="PQR">
<Box0360>
<value>18545314</value>
<statement>Schedule A Part 2</statement>
<detailType>N/A</detailType>
</Box0360>
<Box0370>
<value>18490468</value>
<statement>Schedule A Part 2</statement>
<detailType>N/A</detailType>
</Box0370>

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Hi @BobSie 

This is how I would approach it...

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your response, but I cannot open the workflow because of version differences.  Could you provide a screenshot of the workflow?

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

I have been able to open the workflow.  I see that you are using the XML Parse to parse out the value field.  This is working.  Nut the XML file that I am working on as over a 100 fields that I need to parse.  Is there a way to Parse out the <Value> field for every field on the xml file as opposed to setting up XML Parse for each field?

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Open the workflow in notepad or notepad++

This is a pure XML file.

On the top as highlighted in the picture change the version to what you have and then save the file

once done with the changes, open in Alteryx and it should work

Alteryx version.PNG

Labels