Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Wscript not found error in Gallery

KMadamba
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am about to migrate my workflow to the gallery. This uses the event triggers to run a macro that should download files from sharepoint before the workflow starts. It works when ran on my machine but when put in the gallery, I get an error that the script file cannot be found.

Note: I have all my working files in a shared network drive. Here is the code I have for the vbscript:

Option Explicit

Dim objExcel
Dim CurrentDirectory
dim fso: set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

CurrentDirectory = fso.GetAbsolutePathName(".")
Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
objExcel.Application.Run "'"&CurrentDirectory&"\MacrosForICRecon.xlsm'!Module3.getHostFolder"
objExcel.DisplayAlerts = False
objExcel.Application.Quit

Set objExcel = Nothing

WScript.Quit

And here is how I configured the event:

KMadamba_0-1573459746992.png

Appreciate any help given.

Kat

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @KMadamba 

If your .vbs file can't be found, make sure that the service account that runs the gallery has access to the network share.  

Dan

KMadamba
8 - Asteroid

Hi @danilang , thanks for your response.

The service account does have access to the network folder.. it turns out that I was getting the "not found" error because the wscript.exe was not in the folder. So, I copied the exe file in the folder and now receiving a timeout error.

This script should only take about 30 seconds but I adjusted it to 300 seconds just to give it enough time. Unfortunately, it still timeouts.

It seems to me that the script does not work when ran on the Gallery.. is running a wscript in the server a limitation? 

Thanks,

Kat

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @KMadamba 

In general, running a wscript on the server is allowed.  The problem may be with what you're trying to do in the script.

You're using server side Office Automation which is something that Microsoft doesn't recommend. The article mentions several ways that the process could break.  Look in to this more  

Dan

Labels