Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Wrong Coordinates - European Geocoder

DincauB
5 - Atom

Hi all, I am facing some issue with the European Geocoder Tool in Alteryx.

When trying to map an address in Germany to coordinates, I get really bad mapping. Indeed, for some unknown reason it uses the Postcode as street number, hence yielding to unfortunate results. See example below (I redacted some of the data) :

INPUT

Region

Post code

City

Street

Control Latitude

Control Longitude

Bayern

München

Xstr. 37

48.175XX

11.581XX

OUTPUT

FreeformAddress

StreetNumber

StreetName

MunicipalitySubdivision

XStraße 80804, 80804 München

Xstraße

München, Schwabing, Schwabing-Freimann

Eventually I get : 

Lat : 51.59109

Long : 10.96084

As you can see the problem is that the Freeform Address String is wrong.

Any chance you can help on this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
jakemancer
7 - Meteor

I would suggest you create a combined address field to ensure the address is formatted correctly so the geocoder will work. 

Using the formula tool - Add New Column and enter:

[Street] + "," + [Postcode] + "," + [City] + "," + [Region] + "," + "Germany"

This will then create a field formatted as: "Xstr. 37,80804,München,Bayern,Germany" which should gecode successfully. 

Hope this helps!

DincauB
5 - Atom

Thanks jakemancer, there was still an issue with the freeform adress not being generated properly. Had to tweek with a less straightforward formula for it to work. In the and alteryx support confirmed that it is a geocoder bug that should be fixed in the recent update.

Cheers,

Ben

Labels