Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Writing to excel file - different sheets - 3 different streams / The process cannot acce

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

I have this workflow, and i have 3 different streams that I want to output to the same excel file. 

I tried adding a block until done, tho I think that would only work if I had only 1 stream.

So what to do?

Hamder83_0-1646209252806.png

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Hamder83 

You can use Wait A Second macro and set the timer to write one after other

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Crew-Macro-Pack-2016-Q2-Release/ba-p/26482

Hope this helps : )

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Hamder83 
I am assuming you are writting to an Excel file with different sheets?

If yes, then maybe we can put the the Block and Done Tool after the first Formula tool on the most left side of your flow.
so it can be sure that only the writting process is completed then move to the seond stream.
Hamder83_0-16462092528061.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Hamder83 

Yes, I agree with @Qiu adding block until done at the diverging part should work somehow I looked past it. If it doesn't you can give macros on that page a look.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Crew-Macro-Pack-2016-Q2-Release/ba-p/26482

Hope this helps : )

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Can I give you both the credit for the solution?

Because yea block until done as Qiu puposed is a good choice. 

but i didnt know of the macro, and that helps me solve several other issues we have :-) 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Hamder83 

Yes, sure you can. You are always allowed to accept more than one solutions.

Happy to help 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @Hamder83 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Hamder83 
Glad to help and thank you for the accept mark

Labels