community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Writing to SAP S/4 HANA

Alteryx Partner

Hello,

Based on this page, it looks like Alteryx can write out to a HANA database, but not to S/4 HANA. It looks like there are third party tools offered through that same link that allow Alteryx to read from SAP ERP and S/4 HANA, but they still do not have write capabilities to S/4 HANA.

Am I correct in concluding that today there is no way to write out to S/4 HANA directly from Alteryx? If I'm not correct, can anyone point me down the right path to figure out how it can be done?

Thank you.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @bbeesley1 ,

This is a popular (but expensive) choice for SAP BW/4 HANA connectivity with Alteryx:

https://www.dvwanalytics.com/alteryx-connector-for-sap.html

Alteryx Partner

Thanks @jamielaird.

What I have is a user who is prepping some data using Alteryx Designer and then manually keying the outputs into the S/4 HANA ERP system. and he would like to automate that manual entry step if possible.

After looking at the site you linked and a few of their Youtube videos it looks like that solution will enable reading and writing to the BW/4 HANA warehouse, but with the actual S/4 HANA ERP it can only read but not write. Am I understanding this correctly?

Alteryx Certified Partner

@bbeesley1 yes I believe that's correct

Labels