Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Writing output data into Oracle - DataWrap2OCI: SendBatch: ORA-24801: illegal parameter

timewaste
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am trying to write data into Oracle and I found following error. Well, its just 255 records I must say.

Error: Output Data (138): DataWrap2OCI:: SendBatch: ORA-24801: illegal parameter value in OCI lob function

Appreciate any support. TIA!

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@timewaste,

Is it possible that you are writing a variable with a data type of V_WString with the default size of 1,073,741,823 bytes?

I would change that to 254 bytes (or something size appropriate) and if the values don't include unicode characters, switch it to v_string.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
timewaste
8 - Asteroid

I tried as you suggested but in vain. It didnt help.

timewaste
8 - Asteroid

I was able to figure out the solution for this. This error comes up when we are trying to load empty cells of data into Oracle table. Instead, we can use a Multi-Field formula tool and have this formula to replace null with 0.

IIF(IsNull([_CurrentField_]),0,[_CurrentField_])

Once replaced, it should be good to go and load into table without any issues.

Salomi_dup_281
5 - Atom

Thank you for the reply.

Will this option too. 

However for now, I could get past this issue with manually mapping each source column to the target column in the 'Select' tool. 

Best

Labels