Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Writing out files with embedded links / javascript

brianscott
11 - Bolide

Hey everyone - 

Has anyone had any success generating html files with any level of complicated html outputs from the tool?  I don't want to write out a report per se, but some metadata and scripts that are result-row dependent that could be incorporated into the downstream solution with another tool.  What I have found, so far, however, is that writing this out using existing report out tools doesn't make a lot of sense because links don't work the way you'd expect if you try to incorporate in data row level parameters, and the render tool seems to be breaking if it has syntax it doesn't understand, which is lots of stuff.  The straight to .html output tool wants to create a report essentially, so, for example, I can't write an onload event that would get recognized and rendered, everything is just pushed into a table and treated as straight text.  

Also, anyone had any luck outputing a double quote " to a string field?  Shouldn't be difficult to figure out their escape sequence, yet it continues to elude me. 

I've got all of the data I need sitting right there, but I can't figure out how to get it spit out.  Can anyone help? 

5 REPLIES 5
brianscott
11 - Bolide

Attaching a sample workflow that demonstrates what I'd like to get; essentially I want the value in body to be the entire file.  

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

I got this to work by changing the 'File Format' to 'Flat ASCII file (*.flat)'.

brianscott
11 - Bolide

Hi JPoz - 

Thanks for the advice and worked like a charm.  Now to put that project back in front of me.  

Thanks!

KeithJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This is a example of a way to get a href or hyper link into an Alteryx rendered report html output.

KeithJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This is another example of injecting JavaScript in an Alteryx report output. If you load this on your server it will execute the JavaScript on the preview area after the workflow is run.

Labels