Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
The Expert Exam is now live online! Read about the specifics and what it took to bring it to life in the blog by our very own Elizabeth Bonnell!

Writing multiple tabs in Excel on SharePoint

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Has anyone found a way to write multiple tabs in a new/ existing Excel in SharePoint? I have used following tools/ methods so far, none of them effective. Only option for me is to write a file with a single tab.

1. Wait until done

2. Wait a Sec

3. Take File/ Table name from Field

4. Parallel block until done

TIA

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @bizimran 

Here is an example of writing to multiple tabs in a new/existing excel file. The block until done tool works by processing everything coming out of the first output first, the second output only starting after the first has completed, etc. The following example will write 5 sheets to the same Excel file, one at a time:

block until done.png

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Thanks @BrandonB. This solution does not work while writing an Excel in SharePoint document library. It wont let me write the second tab/ sheet after first has been written.

2019-06-20_10-53-41.png

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

I have encountered the same issue. For some reason SharePoint or Alteryx won't release the lock on the file.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

I have heard of a potential solution using report feature but couldn't build or test it myself, and don't have SP access now. If anyone can try and let the community know if it worked then that would be great.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

I have similar issue with outputing xlsx to sharepoint folder but the problem is that this exact error comes up when outputing more than 2 tabs. It really gives me a headache why this is happening, anyone has found solution to this?

im using version 2019.1.6

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

One resolution to this is to sync the folder to your computer via OneDrive and then just set your workflow to output to the OneDrive folder which will sync back up. 

Labels