Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Writing data from SQL Server to Snowflake

Shiven27
5 - Atom

Hi Guys ,

I hope someone would be willing to help i am currently learning alteryx as we are using that in conjunction with tableau and snowflake to create our Dashboards.

I am however stumped and i have tried to find resources to no avail .

I want to upload data to snowflake using alteryx

I am extracting data from a table from my database (Which works ) however the upload part to snowflake is where the problem is occurring i have tested the connection so that is not the issue .

So has anyone wrote data to snowflake from a MSQL table using alteryx ? If so

Please help 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @Shiven27 

I'm doing this very process right now, what is the issue that you are having?

Shiven27
5 - Atom

Hi @LordNeilLord

Well the Issue is I keep getting errors when trying to write the data to a table in snowflake 

I am reading data from my sql server database which I am able to do 

Thereafter I ouput to snowflake I am new to alteryx so I do not understand what specific steps I need to take 

I have attached my workflow and output configuration .

Thank you so much for you assistance 

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @Shiven27 

Have you got a screen shot of the error?

Shiven27
5 - Atom

Hi I have attached the error as a txt file . 

I was wondering if I need to map the data some sort of way as you would in ssis ?

Or must I create a table on snowflake first and then import the data from sql Server . 

Because snowflake data types are different compared to sql data types .

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @Shiven27 

This is the error: 

"TotalOfTransactions" NUMBER(39, 2)

I presume this is being defaulted as a fixed decimal (39, 2) which is too big for Snowflake.

If you put a select tool before the output and change this column to be a fixed decimal of 38,2 this should solve your issue

Shiven27
5 - Atom

Thank you so much @LordNeilLord that worked 100% I really do appreciate it .

On that note would you suggest any blogs or material that I could use to upskill in alteryx 🙂

Labels