Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Writing Tableau .hyper files to SharePoint locations

oracleoftemple
9 - Comet

It looks like my only file format options when writing to SharePoint locations using the SharePoint Files Output connector are CSV, XLSX, and YXDB.  Is there a way to write .hyper files to SharePoint folders?

6 REPLIES 6
DerikSadowski
8 - Asteroid

Are you able to sync with the Sharepoint folder on your computer or set up an M drive? That is typically how I do it.

oracleoftemple
9 - Comet

Sorry - I'm not sure how either of those would allow me to write a .hyper file to SP location.

DerikSadowski
8 - Asteroid

Oh sorry, are you using the SharePoint files output tool? Are you also on Alteryx Server? 

So I am using a normal output tool and since I have the SharePoint folder syncing to my PC, I am able to write to the folder normally and it will upload. You may be able to do something similar on the server if you are doing that but that seems to be less common.

oracleoftemple
9 - Comet

That does sound like a potential solution, but if I schedule that workflow in Alteryx Server, doesn't that mean that the it will fail if I'm not logged on at the time it's running?

DFithian
5 - Atom

Thanks for the tip, Derik.

DerikSadowski
8 - Asteroid

It depends on the Sharepoint's security. However, one potential way to get around that would be to create an Alteryx User account in Sharepoint, have that account sync to the folder, and then you should have no problem staying logged in. But again, it depends on the security at your organization if that is even an option.

Labels