Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Writing Output with .CxO extension

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

Hello . I need to write an Alteryx Output with .CxO extension. also the challenge is that whenever we write the Output to .CxO it is changing the output structure as in double quotes are getting added extra. 

Also one requirement is that for each input file (.xlsx) a separate output file needs to be created with (.CXO) extension also not changing the input file that is a separate output file needs to be created. 

Field F14 is the only field that i need in the output. I have attached few sample images to better understand how I want my output to be. 

The CxO file image tells what is the difference I am getting when changing it to CxO and what Actual format the Output should be. Can anyone assist me with this ? 

2 REPLIES 2
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi! If you're still looking for some tips on this one, I think it's just a matter of configuring the output tool a little differently. See below/a couple tips:

NicoleJohnson_0-1633984011628.png

1. Choose CSV file output type, but then update the actual filename extension to be .CxO (if you're deriving the filename by formula, that's fine, you will still want to configure the output tool to use CSV filetype, and then just replace the filename using the configuration options at the bottom).
  2. Update the Quote Output Fields value to be Never
  3. Change your delimiter to \0 for "no delimiter" - this allows you to get around having delimiters in your data, which will cause errors when you configure it to never quote output fields in the previous configuration change
  4. If you don't want the "F14" header to actually print in the .CxO output file, you can uncheck the box for "First Row Contains Field Names", which will skip that column header row.

Give that a try, and let me know if it works! 

Cheers,

NJ

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

This worked actually i tried this previously and it worked fine. Thanx for your help .

Labels