Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Worklflow output records count into Excel table

Rudy2020
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I'm new to Alteryx.

I've managed to create a workflow which applies set of conditions to filter the data and I've managed to output the data into one Excel file - each Excel tab now includes the data for each condition.

The challenge I'm struggling to figure out: Rather than having the underlying records/data for each condition being output into Excel, I would like to create and Excel file showing a simple table of the total count of records for each condition, e.g.

Condition 1Condition 2Condition 3

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @Rudy2020 

It would be helpful to see your workflow sample before you output to tabs on the same excel file.

However, if I'm following this correctly, you have data summarized into a group by Conditions + count of Conditions met.

Try using the Append Fields Tool or you can use the Transpose Tool + Cross Tab Tool combo.

Cheers!

Rudy2020
5 - Atom

Hi @RNO2

Please see the flow below. As you can see, I have 8 outputs (filtered data) into separate Excel tabs.

What I'm trying to achieve is for Alteryx to create 1 Excel file with a simple table which has 8 columns. First row to include headings and the second row to include count of records for each of these 8 outputs.

Flow.jpg

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Rudy2020 , you can try append tool as shown in the screenshot,

grazitti_sapna_0-1590988825826.png

Also attaching a sample workflow for your understanding, if that helps?

Sapna Gupta
Rudy2020
5 - Atom

Thank you. 

In your example, rather than displaying the values (A, B, C), what I need is the count of records that meet the specific criteria you set in filters (e.g. it should say 1 for each column).

How would I do that?

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Rudy2020 , I am assuming that everything is sorted for you already just gave you a way out to get columns together in a single file, please refer to the screenshot if this is what you are refering to? Also, just wondering it would be great if you could simply provide a sample of the output that you are getting from the workflow that you created.

grazitti_sapna_1-1591012506466.png

Sapna Gupta
Rudy2020
5 - Atom

Thank you very much.

This is exactly what I needed.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

You're welcome. Glad to know it helped.

Sapna Gupta
Labels