Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Working out Percentiles

b86
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

Simple question, so hoping someone can help! I'm new to Alteryx and this is my first post in the community, so hello everybody! 🙂 

I have two seperate columns, one with a total population, another with a smaller drive time population of the same population. Basically, I need to workout what percentile the drive time population is based off the larger municipality population it falls in. I'm pretty sure this is an easy answer, so thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @b86 ,

could you provide sample data for both input files? Most important question is, if there is a "unique" intersection between shapes in target_competitors_combined1.shp and shapes in mun_pop_match.shp, You calculated the share of the the intersection and based on the share the population in this area (dt_pop), but there maybe a problem calculation the total population and the total of drivetime population.

I've added a unique tool to include each "total" area once only and summarized the population and total population.

2021-02-05_08-34-28.jpg

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome on board & vielen Dank für Ihre Frag @b86

War diese Antwort von @RolandSchubert für Sie hilfreich? Wenn Ihnen die Antwort geholfen hat, können Sie diese als „Lösung akzeptieren“. So können auch andere in der Community nützliche Antworten finden. Danke!

Dieses Forum ist jedoch in deutscher Sprache und ich lade Sie herzlich ein auf Deutsch zu schreiben. Wenn Sie Englisch bevorzugen, keine Sorge, können Sie Ihre Frage gerne im englischen Forum posten. 

Viel Spaß mit Alteryx, bei Fragen sind wir immer gerne für Sie da.

Einen schönen Nachmittag,

Steph Vitale-Havreng
StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@b86, wollen Sie Sich mit anderen Alteryx Enthusiasten über verschiedene Use Cases, Herausforderungen und Ideen austauschen?

Wir freuen uns auf Sie & Ihre Anmeldung https://lnkd.in/djp9MWU

DACH-User Group_Social.png

Steph Vitale-Havreng
b86
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Roland,

Thank you for your reply and workflow. I dont know if I particular understand what you are saying, could you break it down further on this point to make sure I understand what you mean?

My objective is 2 fold. Summarize the population of the drive time, by the area it intersects. If this dt_area intersects more than one mun_pop_match, I then work out how much percentage in total it intersects of each and sum these up. I then work out the population of the drive time with a simple formula of [Sum_POBTOT]*[Sum_% of_mun]/100. So sum of all the population areas dt_area intersects, then Multiply by the sum of the differnt percentages it occupies of each and divide by 100 to give me a crude number that is representative of the population of the DT.

Labels