Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow with variable input file name

kunalhdoshi
5 - Atom

I have a list of files in a directory which are named in the format: "2017_03_21_Filename.xlsx" where the date part is today's date. I wish to create a flow which will dynamically choose today's date and choose the right file corresponding to the date from the folder. I am having issues with the Dynamic Input tool as I can't choose the right sheet required for it and throws the error "No table chosen" or "No sheet chosen".

I wish to schedule this workflow to run everyday.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@kunalhdoshi Great question! I'm assuming that you will always want to read 'sheet1'. You have a couple different ways to accomplish this. I've attached your workflow (v 11.0) where I modified the Dynamic Input to modify the SQL query:

Capture.PNG

Alternatively, you could modify your formula to include the sheetname. If you're on pre 11.0 alteryx, it would be | instead of ||| below:

[FilePath]+DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%Y_%m_%d")+"_Filename.xlsx|||`Sheet1$`"

Hope that helps!

MVS
5 - Atom

hi is there other way how to get the the other tab? I tried using the formula provided tried using one | and ||| and also added $ but it didnt work 

Labels