Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow to generate automatic Email notifications to users with Attachments

SubbuSharma
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I would need help in building a workflow that helps me with the following...

- Downloads a PDF copy in the name of the users or email id

- data in the pdf should contain row 1 (this is column names and should be there in all the copies) and the subsequent rows should contain details pertaining to specific email ID 

- Email the pdf copy (above mentioned) to the respective email id and to their respective managers  

- Email must contain subject and some message in the body

- Emailing of PDF copies would have to go on 14th of every month

- could there be a formula for this?

I have attached a dummy report which contains column names, dummy user names & their email IDs for your reference.

Much thanks for your patience and help on this.

Thanks

Subbu

3 REPLIES 3
wwatson
12 - Quasar

The render tool in the reporting suite can create a PDF from the inputs and save it to a folder. 

The Email tool in the reporting suite can email the pdf as an attachment.

I would recommend going through the Reporting training in the Academy Interactive lessons to get up to speed on using the reporting tools in Alteryx for this sort of requirement.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Reporting%...

On server you can schedule a workflow to run monthly.

SubbuSharma
8 - Asteroid

thank you, this is really helpful. After going through interactive lessons, all the reporting tools seems to be straight forward.

I shall get back to you if I get stuck anywhere in the process.

have a good one!

wwatson
12 - Quasar

can you accept the solution?

Labels