Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow to determine if DISTINCT values in 1 excel column have COMMON values in another?

NewToAlteryx123
5 - Atom

Hi all, I am new to Alteryx and am having trouble figuring out what tools to go about a probably very simple thing. What I am trying to do is input an excel file that will flag it if two DISTINCT entries from one column share the SAME entry in another column. For example, I want to build a workflow that will recognize and either 1) return the  conflicts in red  from the input below because in the second column the entry "B" has various source values (type 1 and type 2 and type 4)  in a prior column or 2) add another column that flags a row as a conflict or not

Input File: 

SourceTarget
Type 1A
Type 1A
Type 1B
Type 2B
Type 2C
Type 3D
Type 3E
Type 4B

Desired Output: 

SourceTarget
Type 1B
Type 2B
Type 4

B

OR

SourceTargetResult? 
Type 1Anot a conflict
Type 1Anot a conflict
Type 1Bconflict
Type 2Bconflict
Type 2Cnot a conflict
Type 3Dnot a conflict
Type 3Enot a conflict
Type 4Bconflict

Any guidance is very appreciated! 

5 REPLIES 5
BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Hi

Can you show your Expected Output

NewToAlteryx123
5 - Atom

Just did!

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @NewToAlteryx123 

Is this your want ?

录制_2022_09_26_14_41_07_395.gif

The summarize option: Group by [Target], Count Distinct  by [Source]

If it helped you to solved, maybe you can  accept it as a solution and give a like to answer.  

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@NewToAlteryx123 
A quick one.
Summarize tool has the function to count distinct record, so we can use it to flag out our targets.

0926-NewToAlteryx123.png

NewToAlteryx123
5 - Atom

Hi, wow thank you so much! do you have the .yxmd so I can see the configurations? 

Labels