Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow shows the data was output correctly but output file was not updated

mrhobler
5 - Atom

The workflow is set to output to two different tabs in the same spreadsheet, both sets of data have a date and time stamp column in them so it is easy to determine when the file was updated last.  When I run the workflow the messages show that both outputs were written with no errors as you can see.

mrhobler_0-1642800587446.png

But when I go into the actual file I see that the 2nd output did not update it still has the old data.  I have deleted and rebuilt the output tools with no change in the output results. 

• These are overwriting a file that already exists, however if I delete the file that these outputs are writing to than both outputs write correctly, but the next time that I run the workflow to overwrite the existing data it only updates the 1st output.
  • If I turn off the 1st output than the 2nd output writes just fine.
  • I have used block until done , paralel block until done, and no block and all options run without errors but only update the single tab.

Output tool setings.

mrhobler_1-1642800642834.png

The original worklfow is hundreds of tools but for trouble shooting I stripped it down to this basic workflow design.

mrhobler_2-1642801291613.png

If it matters the output file is on a shared server.

2 REPLIES 2
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @mrhobler, try the option to overwrite sheet or range on both output data tools.

gabrielvilella_0-1642804837875.png

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

hihi  @mrhobler , Wondering if your problem has been solved? Same issue pop up when I need to output three sheets to on excel file. One of the sheet was missing. Do you know how to deal with this? Thank you.

Labels