Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow's Output Incorrect

lisamccullough
8 - Asteroid

Hello - I'm hoping someone can help me with the attached workflow. Basically, I have attached the Pivot spreadsheet that I need Alteryx to create as well as the workflow. When I run the workflow, the totals are not populating properly. Please take a look and let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @lisamccullough I took a look at your workflow. I am guessing based on what I see that the issue is happening when you take the mode in the first summarize tool. The mode is 0 for example on the [Adjusted Expense 2021] Field for example. Is this expected? My guess is the 0s are throwing off the other downstream calculations.

PeterA1_0-1629830854726.png

BA02
7 - Meteor

As Peter mentioned, due to those errors, Post Category is getting dropped as well.

In Report Type = FA, post categories are going missing because of this. My guess is, because of this you are not getting the correct calculations and incorrect number of records.

lisamccullough
8 - Asteroid

Can I remove the MODE or update it? Someone else actually put this together and I'm building on it.

BA02
7 - Meteor

I tried but no good. Basis the pivot table, you eventually need the sum of the fields. Why not group by all the fields and sum the required fields instead of using mode?

KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

Hi @lisamccullough 

I agree with previous posts, in first Summarize tool you need to Group by PostCategory instead of Mode. 

I spend some time simpyfing and correcting your workflow - it is attached 🙂

Let me know if you have any questions.

Karolina

lisamccullough
8 - Asteroid
Thanks Karolina! This is exactly what I needed. Lisa
Labels