Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow output as different sheets in one Excel sheet

dinaselim1
5 - Atom

Hello all,

I have a workflow with multiple outputs. Is there a way to extract all these output in one excel sheet on different sheets without creating different outputs then combining them together?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @dinaselim1 

Just to clarify on this one, are you looking to have multiple outputs that all write to one Excel document with a different sheet per output?

Or, from one output you are producing multiple sheets within the Excel document?

Kind Regards,

Will

dinaselim1
5 - Atom

Hi @wdavis 

Thanks for your reply!

Yes to the first option. I'm looking for a way to write multiple outputs in one excel workbook with different sheets.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @dinaselim1,

I am assuming that one of the column would be used to specify a sheet name so I have build a workflow that does that:

Emil_Kos_0-1602677042110.png

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

For your outputs, configure them all to write to the same file name. You can specify the specific sheet name after you set the overall file name.

In the example attached, they are both writing to a file called "data." The top stream is writing to Sample 1 and the bottom to Sample 2. You may get an error saying the file is being used by another process because it is trying to write both sheets simultaneously. You will need to use the block until done tool, shown below.

echuong1_0-1602723053936.png

Labels