Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow losing macros location

vlad_kutateladze
8 - Asteroid

I used macros in the application. All macros are located in one folder and this path is saved in user settings as the default location for macros. 

After the workflow was saved in the gallery, the workflow works perfectly in the gallery, but macros are not available when I open this workflow back in the designer. Is there any possibility that workflow in the designer will find locations of macros and I will not need to update workflow manually?

This happened not only with macros created by me but macros-type tools like Data Cleansing and Select Records.

Also maybe it also makes a difference that workflow in the gallery was saved as part of the chained app. 

vlad_kutateladze_0-1638263926426.png

2 REPLIES 2
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Hi @vlad_kutateladze,

You basically have 2 options:

1- Attach the macro's to the workfow you upload:

Sebastiaandb_0-1638264781389.png

Under "Manage workflow assets" you have to select all macro's.If you have stacked macro's (macro's in macro's), you'll have to select all assets within the macro's. To view assets, you have to check the box in the user settings first.

Sebastiaandb_1-1638265008920.png

2) Make sure the paths tot he macro's are in UNC and the server has access to the specified macro folder. 

Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Workflow dependencies and make sure to make all macro's paths "UNC". In this way, the server can (if it has access to the folder) find the macro. 

Sometimes the macro paths are still not in UNC. To fix that, open the workflow in notepad++ (or a different text editor) and manually make the references to the macro's in UNC. 

Sebastiaandb_2-1638265198318.png

Both options do work if implemented correctly :-).

Greetings,

Seb

vlad_kutateladze
8 - Asteroid

@Sebastiaandb Thank you for your reply. I have to add more details to my question.
The workflow works perfectly in the gallery, but macros are not available when I open this workflow back in the designer. Is there any possibility that workflow in the designer will find locations of macros and I will not need to update workflow manually?

This happened not only with macros created by me but macros-type tools like Data Cleansing and Select Records.

Also maybe it also makes a difference that workflow in the gallery was saved as part of the chained app. 

Labels