Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow level constants

tich
5 - Atom

Hi everyone

I've been trying to declare numeric workflow level constants from the workflow properties tab - for some reason the "Is Numeric" checkbox just doesn't appear...any ideas?

Running on Alteryx 10.1

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewW
11 - Bolide

I've never seen an IsNumeric flag when setting a workflow constant. What are you trying to do? Explicity define the data type of a workflow constant? if so you can do this using a formula tool later in the workflow when you are making use of the constant.

tich
5 - Atom
Hi AndrewW - see here http://help.alteryx.com/9.5/Constants.htm - it is the "#" column referred to here. I have definitely seen this check box on other peoples PCs
AndrewW
11 - Bolide

Ok, I've also never seen that # symbol. I'm using version 10.1, the link you sent is referring to version 9.5 so perhaps things changed.

The constant data type can be changed/set when using it anyway so not a big issue from my perspective and I make regular use of constants in my workflows.

tich
5 - Atom
Main reason is to be able to flex certain things at a global level - e.g important scenario variables that are leveraged at many different points in the workflow
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Think you found a GUI issue.

Am running 10.5 but managed to make the checkboxes disappear by resizing the width of the # column a little narrower.

Quitting and reopening Alteryx made it reappear though.

Try double clicking in the header row on the very right edge when you have the <-> cursor. That made it reset size for me and appear.

tich
5 - Atom

Mate, you are a genius! thank you!

Labels