Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

Workflow is expanding the size of field and causing Errors

Highlighted
5 - Atom

I have a table that conforms to all field type size requirements

sashinamba_0-1593210620563.png

When I place this table into a predeveloped workflow it make the CID field expand past string limit size of 2147482648 bytes and the workflow ends up failing

sashinamba_1-1593210753398.png

What could be causing this to happen and is there a solution to this problem?

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @sashinamba 

Can you give more details of your workflow? Send more screenshots and details of your input source and how the workflow is set up?

Cheers,

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Have you tried using an Auto Field tool after the Input data tool? The auto field tool will find the optimal data type and size for the field.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Here is the original workflow

sashinamba_0-1593454314357.png

no matter what I did it would keep failing on the same error. I even tried using the suggest Auto Field node to no avail. I ended up breaking the workflow up into 3 separate workflows and it ended up working fine. I'm wondering if it's some type of memory error. 

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Without actually having the workflow, I'll guess that your field size one or more of the Formula tools is too large. Ensure you are setting the correct field size in each Formula tool.

Also, you can actually have multiple formulas in the same Formula tool. Simply click the plus button in the configuration window to add another. Having multiple chained like that will affect processing time as well and may help with your error. 

echuong1_0-1593456580438.png

Labels