Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow help

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Alteryx and I am currently working on a project but have some problem with count.If any one can give me some advises,I will be appreciated it.

What I  want to to do is:

Get the record meet the criteria ,and then count(How many record there), if not equal to 0,then I want  to see all these record and then do extra work with them.

The question I have is

1.which method should be better? Formula or filter

2.How can I see all records which match the criteria after count or summarize

The only thing I am doing so far is just put a formula: Add a column:If Contains([region],"NA") and Contains([cly], "Y") then 1 else 0 Endif 

12 REPLIES 12
Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi Drew,

Thanks again for your help.

However, there is one question I forgot to mentioned is the file I have is .xls,which means I can't get a list of file name in Dynamic input.

drew9
9 - Comet

Can you just save the file as an .xlsx? Functionality with .xls files is deprecated and I do not believe there is any way around it for the solution that you need. 

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi Drew, unfortunately I can't change the file type.But, thank you so much for your advise.Also, If you don't mind ,can I ask you one more question?

After completed everything,how can I overwrite the worksheet(sheet1) so that I can save these commend I made on Alteryx.

Labels