Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow help

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Alteryx and I am currently working on a project but have some problem with count.If any one can give me some advises,I will be appreciated it.

What I  want to to do is:

Get the record meet the criteria ,and then count(How many record there), if not equal to 0,then I want  to see all these record and then do extra work with them.

The question I have is

1.which method should be better? Formula or filter

2.How can I see all records which match the criteria after count or summarize

The only thing I am doing so far is just put a formula: Add a column:If Contains([region],"NA") and Contains([cly], "Y") then 1 else 0 Endif 

12 REPLIES 12
Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi Drew,

Thanks again for your help.

However, there is one question I forgot to mentioned is the file I have is .xls,which means I can't get a list of file name in Dynamic input.

drew9
9 - Comet

Can you just save the file as an .xlsx? Functionality with .xls files is deprecated and I do not believe there is any way around it for the solution that you need. 

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi Drew, unfortunately I can't change the file type.But, thank you so much for your advise.Also, If you don't mind ,can I ask you one more question?

After completed everything,how can I overwrite the worksheet(sheet1) so that I can save these commend I made on Alteryx.

Labels