This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
It's the most wonderful time of the year - Santalytics 2020 is here! This year, Santa's workshop needs the help of the Alteryx Community to help get back on track, so head over to the Group Hub for all the info to get started!
I created 3 workflows locally which turned out to be around 118 KB each. The third was dependent on the first two, so when it was time to share these with our customer, I copied them up to the LAN, put two of the workflows into their own containers, copied them and connected these two containers to each other, and then used the result as input to the third (along with changing the location of some of the other source data files). When I saved this, it ballooned up to 7.2 MB.
Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is there anything I can do to get the workflow back to a normal size? As they are it takes a while to load and to save these.
Thank you for your reply, Marquee! I did copy the Container (which contains Comment Boxes) and paste it into the third workflow. But there are no pictures or text inputs in any of the workflows. Saved separately they were each under 300 KB. The data files I am opening as Inputs are substantial (3.8 - 200 MB), but I don't think this is what you are referring to. Am I misunderstanding? (I am quite new to Alteryx!) How can I tell if there are images stored as comment boxes?
The Multi-Row Formula Tool we are using wasn't configured properly in our first couple of attempts to run, so it generated MANY extra Fields and then we use a Cross-Tab tool... No wonder it was taking so long to run! I selected the Join Multiple tool after the Cross-Tabs, then selected "Forget all missing fields" and this seems to have cleared up the issue. The Workflow is back down to 220 KB.
I just had this happen too. I finally tracked it down to an Excel input. Apparently the used range property in Excel had gotten confused into thinking there was data way out to the furthest column to the right in the excel sheet which obviously resulted in an enormous field list being passed into Alteryx.
Apparently that ballooned the XML and resulted in the whole file coming to a crawl. This is good to know for future cases.