Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow failure when collapsing a container / Tableau output won't disable

Matt_S
7 - Meteor

My issue is two-fold:

1. Since updating to version 2020.3.4.30228, my workflow crashes when I try to collapse a container.
  2. I need to collapse the container because the option to "Disable all tools that write an output" doesn't work for the "Publish to Tableau Server" tool.

Other than increasing my save frequency, is there a known solution to either issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Matt_S,

I have never heard of this issue. Are you able to replicate this on other workflows? 

I don't receive any error when I am disabling container on my Alteryx and I am also using the newest version. 

wwatson
12 - Quasar

I, and some of my colleagues, have also experience this since 2020.2. Same issue. It is intermittant for me as does not happen on all workflows, or every time.

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Matt_S 

This happens to me a lot. I've discovered that there is a workaround to still get your container to collapse/disable after getting this error. 

Instead of disabling the container by clicking the blue rectangle in the upper left corner of the container. Instead go to the configuration option for the container and click on the Disabled check box. 

Maskell_Rascal_0-1603464286171.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Thanks!

Phil

Matt_S
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the work-around! Initial results seem to work, though this bug is intermittent. I'll post back if anything changes.

Labels