Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow fails after first invalid email via Email Tool

ELPC
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 
I am using the Email tool to send an email to 2000+ employees within my company.  As you can imagine, it is very difficult to figure out if all 2000+ employees are still with the company at any given time.  I have found that the Email tool will email the employees that are active until it hits the first invalid email address and then the entire workflow fails. Is there a way to just let the workflow skip any invalid email addresses and continue processing the rest of them.  

For example:  In this example, the first 2 email addresses will get an email but then the workflow will just fail when it hits the 3rd email address which is invalid.  Is there a way to just skip email 3 and have the workflow continue to email addresses 4 and 5?  

Email 1 - valid 

Email 2 - valid 

Email 3 - invalid

Email 4 - valid

Email 5 - valid

Thanks for any help!  

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @ELPC 

This is a common issue we face with email tool. How you can tackle is by using batch macro to send emails. What batch macro does is it sends a single email at a time and even if an email fails it will go to next email.

Workflow: batch by record id I,e each row

atcodedog05_0-1641631282036.png

Macro: create macro to send a single email at a time.

atcodedog05_1-1641631315012.png

Learn more about creating batch macro: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Creating-a-Batch-Macro/ta-p/657923

Hope this helps : )

ELPC
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much for the response, I will try this method.  Is there a way to know which emails failed after running the batch macro?  Thank you. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @ELPC 

You will get the row numbers which failed based on that you can check for emails which failed.

Happy to help : )

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels