community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Workflow containing listbox

Asteroid

I wanted help to make a workflow containing a listbox or a checkbox containing certain question and when the user select certain question then I would get an output with some statement. For example: if there are 2 question (a. Have you used DateTime Parse? b. Have you used Data Cleansing tool) when a user select both or any one of the questions then the output needs to be (a. DateTime Parse was used. b. Data Cleansing tool was used)

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @Akash01 

You are trying to build an Analytic App, right?

There are some ways to do that - you can set up checkboxes, for example, and make them enable/disable containers where these tools are stored. 

Cheers,

Asteroid

Hi Thableaus,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to do that but I couldn't. 

If its not tool much can please make a workflow and attach it here so that I can understand and add more question to it. I would be really grateful to you.

Regards,

Akash

@Akash01 

Something like this?

App.PNG

App appended.

Cheers,

Asteroid

Hi,

I am making this for documentation.  If a user had made a workflow a week ago and they used these tool then I want to make a new workflow containing a few questions in like these and if they have used these tools then the user may select this question and the output will be a simple excel file containing these 2 rows. 

Questions to be asked in Alteryx using checkbox:

Have you used Data Cleansing tool?

Have you used DateTime Parse?

Output:

We have used Data Cleansing tool to remove leading and trailing space.

We have used DateTime Parse to make date in the format ‘yyyy-MM-dd’.

@Akash01 

App.PNG

Check this out.

It uses the same dynamic I mentioned before -

It disables a container if it is not selected.

Each container has a message associated to the Question.

I use Union Tool to put all situations together.

The third container (Container 20) is in case user does not select any of the options. 

Then, the Formula Tool creates a Field with a Log of the time that the user generated that Excel File.

This names the new sheet that is created every time the app is run. You can change this, though.

Check the app appended.

Cheers,

Asteroid

Hi @Thableaus 

Thank you so much.

However I am not able open this file that you attached. May I know which version on Alteryx are you using as I might have an older version and I wanted to know which version is needed to open it.

Thanks again

Regards,

Akash

@Akash01 

I'm with 2019.1 version of Alteryx.

Cheers,

Asteroid

Hi @Thableaus ,

Since I was not able to open your workflow due to older version of Alteryx, I made this really simple workflow using Select tool to do the job. The user can select the tools that he might have used to do the specific job. But the problem I am facing is in the formula tool. Is there a way to get the field names selected in the first Select tool automatically in the Formula tool to concatenate all the fields? I want to make a standard workflow for this procedure.

Thanks and regards,

Akash

@Akash01 

Here it is the App in a version you can open.

You just need to change the Output tool to reference a folder of your own.

I think the solution I provided is more organized than this one with Formula Tools.

Cheers,

Labels