Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow constant for effective date (Querying database)

jeffjose33
7 - Meteor

I'm currently trying to replicate an 'effective date' function (user selects a date and the database data only on or prior to that date will populate) and the date info entered by the user is being stored in workflow constants (year and month). However, it is a slightly large workflow and I'm having difficult finding where the initial creator of the workflow configured this effective date function. 

Does anyone have a blueprint on how I could recreate this function without using any app functions? I basically want to be able to set a date for the constant values, run the WF, and have only data on or prior to that date show up. 

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jeffjose33 

It's difficult to guide you through this without seeing/understanding the workflow. If it isn't something you can share, then I would start by tracking down that date field to see where it comes from and where it is used. The find functionality in Designer can help with this. Open the Find window with Ctrl+F, then you can search for the field name like "Effective Date" and it will highlight all the tools where that field is found throughout the workflow. 

Once you see where the field is and how it's being used, you can use functions like DateTimeNow() to use the current rundate in expressions to filter and modify your workflow as you need. But finding where date fields are used will be the first step ahead of modifying those expressions. 

Labels