Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow Run time - In progress log

sandeep_chayanam
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

If a workflow running on the alteryx server for last 6 hours, any of you know a way to figure out at which tool alteryx workflow is currently at? (i.e., workflow progress log)

Most likely it could be due to the log space / source system locks / temp drive space etc.,

I can't open the log file as the workflow is IN PROGRESS. I can't see the underlying progress log under Scheduler Queue tab either.

Is this In progress information available on Mongo DB ?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sandeep.

6 REPLIES 6
AndyC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @sandeep_chayanam

Maybe not quite the answer you are looking for but were you aware of the performance profiling feature in Alteryx?

PerfProf.PNG

Although this would not help while the workflow was in progress, you would be able to see what tools took the most time after the workflow has completed.  If you select this option it will include the results in the workflow messages output.

You can also set a runtime limit on the server settings if 6 hours is too long for a single workflow to be running on your server.

Thanks

Andy Cooper
Senior Solutions Engineer - EMEA
Alteryx
sandeep_chayanam
8 - Asteroid

Hi Andy,

Yes, I've used that during the development to find out the % of time taken by each tool within a workflow..

I'm more looking for real time progress logs/information when a workflow is scheduled on the server via the scheduler. This is quite important if you have workflows that connect directly to multiple source systems and perform some heavy blending/transformations/analytics.. and we got no clue on at what stage the workflow execution is at when it is scheduled on the server!

Thanks,

Sandeep.

AndyC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@KoryC do you have any suggestions for @sandeep_chayanam?

Thanks

Andy Cooper
Senior Solutions Engineer - EMEA
Alteryx
KoryC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Unfortunately, no, nothing is immediately coming to mind. However, being able to view the output log in the scheduler in "real time" is something we are looking at when considering scheduler improvments for the future.

rupali_nayak
6 - Meteoroid

Do we have any solution in place yet to see logs at runtime?

AlteryxPadawan
5 - Atom

Any update on this?  It seems impossible to check the current status/progress without having to create a separate dedicated logging workflow.

Labels