Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow Possible Formula Question

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I am not sure if this is possible but wanted to ask... i was trying to look for a countif formula for attached but doesnt appear that there is one. I am trying to have Alteryx review attached data and count the number of "deployment fees" and "Clover Flex" and compare the totals. If the total of deployment fees is greater than the total of Clover Flex then zero the merchant price of the deployment fee. 

Any help is greatly appreciated

10 REPLIES 10
brandon_bunney
8 - Asteroid

The Summarize tool has a count function and you can do a "group by" of the Invoice Description to approximate the results of a countif.

I've attached a workflow that will count the number of market prices by invoice description from a text input tool that is based on your dataset, then compare the results, and finally set merchant price to 0 if there are more "Deployment for Clover Flex" counted than "Clover Flex".

I've intentionally added more "Deployment for Clover Flex" in the text input so that when the workflow is first ran, Overnight Deployment will get switched to 0 to confirm that it works.

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Thank you soo much!!! this look great. The only thing is i would need the deployment for clover flex quantity to match the clover flex quantity. So if there are only 4 Clover Flex then there should only be 4 Clover Deployments or deployments in general. Any ideas?

binay2448
11 - Bolide

Find my solution attached..

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Thank you soo much!!! this look great. The only thing is i would need the deployment for clover flex quantity to match the clover flex quantity. So if there are only 4 Clover Flex then there should only be 4 Clover Deployments or deployments in general. Any ideas?

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

binay2448
11 - Bolide

Sorry, Not able to clearly understand your requirement, can you explain once more.

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Clover Flex has to be greater to or equal to the number of deployment fees. If not then the deployment fee should be zeroed out. I would need the end result to look like below. (Clover Flex Gen 2 = 4 and Deployment for Clover Flex= 4)

Does that help? I appreciate you looking into this!

Overnight Deployment 0
Clover Flex Gen 2 425
Clover Flex Gen 2 425
Clover Flex Gen 2 425
Clover Flex Gen 2 425
Deployment for Clover Flex 35.65
Deployment for Clover Flex 0

binay2448
11 - Bolide

Find attached updated one, hope this will resolve the problem..

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!!!

Labels