Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow Paths and Output

lindsayhupp
8 - Asteroid

Hi All!  I have a workflow where the data can go through two different paths.  Each path performs a different calculation. At times there may be data that flows through both paths or there may be times when data flows through one path only.  I then use a union tool to union any data that went through path 1 and path 2 back together. However, when I union the data from each path back together (specifically in instances where data only went through one of the paths) it's causing issues as there are columns with 'null' data included in the output.  Is there a way to say that if the final results of one of the paths has no data (i.e. it only contains the column headers) that it shouldn't be joined?

Thanks for the help!

1 REPLY 1
DataNath
17 - Castor

@lindsayhupp is the issue you're having like this? In my example you can see that all records satisfy the True side of the filter condition and therefore nothing comes out of the False anchor to then be unioned back later:

DataNath_0-1663944266834.png

If so, you can just use a Data Cleanse tool and tick the Remove null columns option, which in this example results in:

DataNath_2-1663944308283.png

If not then a little more information would be great - perhaps screenshots or sharing your workflow if possible - so it's easier for us to help remedy the issue!

Labels