Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow On-demand runs fine but Scheduled workflow failing

induslad
7 - Meteor

I'm using List Runner to run 18 workflows simultaneously. I've created a workflow where List Runner gets its input (path for 18 workflows) from Directory tool and writes output log to a csv file. When I run this workflow manually, all 18 job finishes without any issue. But when I schedule this workflow to run, 3 workflow will complete successfully out of 18 and rest fail with error 'source file does not exist' which is not true. So I am unable to figure out what's different in scheduling a workflow where partial list of job finishes compare to manual run.

3 REPLIES 3
induslad
7 - Meteor

Update: So I tried to create 6 separate batches to process 18 workflows. I even used 'wait a second' tool between each 6 steps. Again when I run this complete workflow manually, it waits for 30 seconds (as per config) in between steps. When I schedule this workflow, all the 6 batches starts to run simultaneously. Now I am suspecting these "customized" Crew Macros ("List Runner", "Wait a minute" and "Parallel Block until done") are not working as supposed to. Any thoughts?

induslad
7 - Meteor

Now as another option I tried to run the 18 workflows using command line (batch file). I created a batch file similar to example below and created a workflow where I am triggering following batch using event option. I am keeping 10 seconds interval between each workflow to provide sufficient time to finish the workflows. 

I am still running into problem where initial 3 workflows completes successfully but starts failing subsequently with "file not found error". I even changed order of workflows but issue persist. I've provided UNC path for source file. I am unable to figure out why initial 3 workflows finish successfully and rest of them fails. Also when running manually, all 18 workflows finishes fine but scheduler does not succeeded. I've been struggling with issue for long time. I hope someone notices and provide some help. 

"C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" "D:\TEST\WF1.yxmd"
TIMEOUT 10
"C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" "D:\TEST\WF1.yxmd"

induslad
7 - Meteor

Quick update. I was able to resolve this issue and it was related to the UNC path. When I ran the workflow on-demand, it was using my personal ID and able to complete it successful even when path was not defined UNC but with scheduler it was failing,

Labels