Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow On-demand runs fine but Scheduled workflow failing

induslad
7 - Meteor

I'm using List Runner to run 18 workflows simultaneously. I've created a workflow where List Runner gets its input (path for 18 workflows) from Directory tool and writes output log to a csv file. When I run this workflow manually, all 18 job finishes without any issue. But when I schedule this workflow to run, 3 workflow will complete successfully out of 18 and rest fail with error 'source file does not exist' which is not true. So I am unable to figure out what's different in scheduling a workflow where partial list of job finishes compare to manual run.

3 REPLIES 3
induslad
7 - Meteor

Update: So I tried to create 6 separate batches to process 18 workflows. I even used 'wait a second' tool between each 6 steps. Again when I run this complete workflow manually, it waits for 30 seconds (as per config) in between steps. When I schedule this workflow, all the 6 batches starts to run simultaneously. Now I am suspecting these "customized" Crew Macros ("List Runner", "Wait a minute" and "Parallel Block until done") are not working as supposed to. Any thoughts?

induslad
7 - Meteor

Now as another option I tried to run the 18 workflows using command line (batch file). I created a batch file similar to example below and created a workflow where I am triggering following batch using event option. I am keeping 10 seconds interval between each workflow to provide sufficient time to finish the workflows. 

I am still running into problem where initial 3 workflows completes successfully but starts failing subsequently with "file not found error". I even changed order of workflows but issue persist. I've provided UNC path for source file. I am unable to figure out why initial 3 workflows finish successfully and rest of them fails. Also when running manually, all 18 workflows finishes fine but scheduler does not succeeded. I've been struggling with issue for long time. I hope someone notices and provide some help. 

"C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" "D:\TEST\WF1.yxmd"
TIMEOUT 10
"C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" "D:\TEST\WF1.yxmd"

induslad
7 - Meteor

Quick update. I was able to resolve this issue and it was related to the UNC path. When I ran the workflow on-demand, it was using my personal ID and able to complete it successful even when path was not defined UNC but with scheduler it was failing,

Labels