Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow Help

ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have a workflow attached but i am struggling to get the same outputs from the workflow compared by doing this manually in excel. Please see the Output and Excluded tab in excel to see what i am looking to achieve.

Logics (Manual):

1. Filter [Destination} = London

2. Look through [Originating City] & [Destination] if the two  have London in both fields then look at the [Travel/Claim Start Date] 

3. If [Travel/Claim Start Date] has the same dates either in Row+1 or Row-1 and [Originating City] & [Destination] =London in both fields then i want to exclude this.

I hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for any help provided.

7 REPLIES 7
binuacs
20 - Arcturus
ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs  i tried to match the True Anchor at the end of the filter tool (at the end) and it does not seem to match the excluded tab in the excel file?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ManuelRodrigues I was implementing the logic mentioned above . Can you explain why the below record should be excluded?

Data Source	Employee Number/Name	Ticket Type	Travel/Claim Start Date	Originating City	Destination/Location	Nights
Rail Data	10003896 Jane Heath	Other	17/02/2020	Bicester Town	London	0
Rail Data	10003896 Jane Heath	Anytime	10/03/2020	Bicester Town	London	0
Rail Data	10003896 Jane Heath	Off-Peak	10/03/2020	London	London	0
ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs please see below:

ManuelRodrigues_0-1645716584818.png

I have only used one example here but if you review the excel file it will show the pattern and manual logic i am following.

ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs apologies if this was unclear initially but if there is any clarity you need on my manual logic pls let me know?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ManuelRodrigues Just wanted to confirm whether the above workflow works for you or not?

Labels