Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow Help

fabrizio
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

Help needed on reconciling BB to AA based on quantity and character. The reconciliation will be on a 1/1, 1/multiple, multiple/multiple basis. The unique key identifying both sides is the ID. The output file should only have matching values. Thank you!

27 REPLIES 27
fabrizio
7 - Meteor

Hi Ponraj,

Hereis another set of dummy data. Here I want to reconcile Only in mum side to Only in dad side. They both share unique IDs and the reconciliation should be based on them having the same  quantity and code taking into consideration that we have one mum side for one dad side, and one mum side for multiple dad side, and multiple mum side for multiple dad side. Would like for the output to display the code, the orderid from dad side and the source from mum side. Thanks

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is the sample workflow for your case. Hope this is helpful. 

WorkflowWorkflowOutput1Output1Output2Output2Output3Output3

fabrizio
7 - Meteor

Hi Ponraj,

Thank you! Now that I have my main output file, how can I exclude output data from the input file? That is, is it possible to join the output file to the original input in such a way that the new output will only have data that has not been reconciled? In a nutshell I want to exclude reconciled data from the input file and only keep the one that have not been reconciled.

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Attaching updated workflow. Hope this is what you are looking for. 

WorkflowWorkflowResultsResults

fabrizio
7 - Meteor

Hi Ponraj,

Everything works great when i tried to replicate it with my data. However, I have noticed an issue when it comes to reconciling the multiple mum to multiple dad. The output I get comes with duplicates values when it comes to that one. Used the unique tool but seems not to be helpful because some codes have different sources and when i use the unique tool it takes one source and apply it to all of them. I have attached an excel sheet having the dummy data, the output am supposed to get and the incorrect one am getting right now. Wondering what I am doing wrong. Thanks

fabrizio
7 - Meteor

The issue is when i perform the last join to get the final output to get matching values.

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Existing workflow works perfectly for this data. Can you try once again ?

fabrizio
7 - Meteor

Just tried running it and did not get the outcome I was expecting. The workflow didnt return any data.I have attached another sample data with desired outcome. Can you try based on it? Tried it to no avail. Thanks

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is the updated workflow for your case.  You sample output was inconsistent. For example refer the line, 

8/15/2018EEJHJ32298

WorkflowWorkflowResultsResults

fabrizio
7 - Meteor

Hi Ponraj,

thanks for sharing the updated workflow. However, as I mentioned to you on the last post, it duplicates values when returning matching output file. Take for example the MM code, the ouput file is supposed to get only 3 matching MM code as follows:

8/15/2018MMWAWR15555
8/15/2018MMEQFWQT5566
8/15/2018MMEWWR5505

However, what the workflow you suggested does is to return MM 9 times because it reads all the MM with each source. In this case since there are 3 sources, it matched the MM code with each of the source reason why it returned 9 values wheres it is supposed to match each MM with its unique source thus returning only 3 values. Does that make sense?  Remember that each orderID is unique and should therefore only appears once with its matching source reference.

Labels