Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow Formula Auditability

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hi All --

One of the things that the people in my Tax department really like abut Excel is that they can click in a cell and see the formula that generated the result they are looking at.

Usually, then I provide an Alteryx output they can't necessarily see how I got to a number. I then need to show them the workflow and walk them through it.

Is there a way that I can pull the formulas out of the XML? I'm thinking of dropping them in as columns, so they have the trail. This becomes important when providing this information to our external auditors.

smoskowitz_2-1619095903234.pngsmoskowitz_1-1619095653227.png

I searched online but couldn't find anything about it.

As always, thank you for your help!

Regards,

Seth

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @smoskowitz 

You can input the .yxmd of your workflow as a .csv with \n as the delimiter.  This will load the entire file with one line per record.   Add a mulitrow to copy down the Tool id and then a filter to extract the rows you're looking for.  

danilang_0-1619096887094.png

danilang_1-1619096932830.png

To build up the sequence, you'll need to look in the <Connections> element which details how each Tool is connected to the following one.

Dan

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

@danilang --

Thank you very much! This is great and I learned something new!

Regards,

Seth

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

This tool might give you an idea of what's possible. I haven't tried it yet.

Capitalize Consulting: a tool that can help document a workflow.

we’ve built a tool we call WAM: https://capitalizeconsulting.com/managing-auditing-and-editing-large-numbers-of-alteryx-workflows-wi...

try it out: https://capitalizeconsulting.com/workflow-admin-manager-wam-audit-report-tool/

Please enter your contact information and upload one zipped (.zip) Alteryx workflow file (.ymxd) you would like evaluated. The results will be returned to you via email.

Labels