Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow Dependencies

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have set up a model with multiple macros, which is required to be shared to other colleagues to use. I have limited knowledge when it comes to workflow dependencies however I am looking at changing the workflow dependencies to relative, so once my colleague receives the workflow, macros and inputs, they can just click run, provided that the inputs are in the same directory/sub directory.

1. Is this a sound understanding?

2. Additionally, for the batch macros included in the workflow, when I change to relative, once I run the workflow myself, the dependency returns to the absolute path, even though prior to running, I have changed dependencies to relative, is this because it is a batch macro and it requires the individual sample input/ is there anyway to keep this as relative? Please see snippets below.

3. Finally, as a general comment, is this the most efficient way to share a workflow? Provided that I share the model and inputs in the same subdirectories to my colleagues?

Any advice and support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

2 REPLIES 2
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @danielmaguire 

Best way to share is as packaged workflow. This should solve your path issue also.

Here is a resource https://www.thedataschool.co.uk/peter-gamble-beresford/export-packaged-alteryx-workflows-include-mac...

Hope this helps 🙂

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

@atcodedog05 

Thanks for sharing that resource.

Daniel

Labels