Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow Dependencies

AaronMacPhail
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Everyone,

I am running into a problem when trying to utilize the Crew Runner macros available from CRW and I am having an issue with the dependencies that I am having difficulties with. 

When I look in options > advanced options > workflow dependencies, If I click test only one of the dependecies changes to red to indicate an error.  The dependecy in question is pointing to the .exe for the runner macro and it includes the file name in the path:

\\x\x\x\x\Crew Macros 2016 Q2\Macros\SupportingExes\AlteryxRunner.exe

I can edit the path, click test and I don't receive an error.  When I select OK to get back to the canvas and then access dependencies again I am back where I stared with the same error.

We have these macros stored in a shared drive that our server can access so they are available when scheduling on our server.  I am using conditional runners in the same workflow and I have not had any problems with those, just the runner macro.

I have also added the path to the shared macro location on the Macro tab in user settings and that has not corrected the problem either.  I tried adding the path to the .exe here as well and receive the nested folders are not supported message.

Has anyone ever dealt with this before? Any insight is appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you configure Macro search paths in my user settings and use those macros in a workflow, that macro cannot be found by any other user trying to run that module and it will error. The macros added from a path defined in the user settings are user specific (as "user settings" implies). You're better off inserting the macro into your module from the network location each time. 

This may not solve your issue, but it's somewhere to start.

AaronMacPhail
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the quick response CharlieS, sometimes the most obvious answers are the hardest to find. 

I was inserting the macros from the shared drive by right-clicking > Insert > Macro... then navigating to the shared folder and selecting the Macro from there. 

After I removed the path from the Macro tab under user settings, saved the workflow and rescheduled and I am able to utilize the macros when scheduling on our server now.

Thank You!

ZoeyL1GL
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AaronMacPhail ,

Great to see you have resolved this issue. I am having the same issue and I cannot find any saved paths in the Macros tab under user settings, therefore is not able to remove any. I went to to the default setting and still cannot see any saved paths for macros in the tab.

I tried to add the path for crew macros and it popped up a note saying the path already existed, but I cannot navigate to it.

Capture.PNG

May I please know if you could help on this?

Thanks,

Zoey

Labels