Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workday Data in Download Tool - Invalid Credentials Error - Works in Postman

FFFool2
5 - Atom

I pull data from Workday into Alteryx using Web Service Reports and the Download Tool. I recently started getting an error from our lower Workday tenants(but not Production) where I receive an Invalid Credentials 401 error from the download tool. 

However, I am able to pull the same data using the same credentials through the Postman application. This issue popped up overnight one day, and I believe it to be some kind of change to the security in the lower workday tenants or possible some policy change on our virtual machine, but I want to cover all my bases. Even if it is a change that we had no control over, it's still something I likely need to solve for. 

One thing of note, in Postman, for the lower tenants, I had to disable SSL Authentication in order to get them to successfully pull. However, I was able to pull from Production environment with SSL both disabled and enabled. I'm not sure of what kind of outputs are available in Postman, as I just started using it for testing this issue, but if there's something I can provide from there that helps, let me know.

I also noticed that when I parsed out the headers, I am getting 2 sets of headers for each pull(attached). For Prod, the first one is also a 401 error, but the second one is 200 OK. For the lower tenants, both sets of headers result in 401. I'm not sure what the implication of the first header being a 401, or the fact that there is two for each download tool. Not sure if that's normal. 

0 REPLIES 0
Labels