Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

WorkFlow - Page Break For multiple Output

chandr45
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team,

I created this workflow for a client of mine. The client accepted my output now they have come back to me to generate bulk in one go. Keeping in my mind, I created this for 1 document. Is there any way to put a column or a line in the output to separate the output after each documents are processed.

Appreciate your help.

P.S - I am new to alteryx and love it. I don't have much of programming knowledge.

Best,

7 REPLIES 7
JoBen
11 - Bolide

Hi @chandr45, welcome to Alteryx! Are you basically trying to write to the Spain.csv file from two different data streams?

chandr45
6 - Meteoroid

Hi JoBen,

Thank you for your response.

Basically, I am converting PDF input into CSV then inputting that CSV to format into excel. Now, I have a 10 to 15 PDF need to format it, with the current workflow it will format for all. I need to do a page break after each client. For e.g

Client A

---------

Client B

-------

Client C

with current workflow it is flowing - 

Client A

Client B

Client C

Thank you for your help.

Best,

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Okay. I think this may help then. I'm not exactly sure without seeing the data at the final output, but I tried to mirror your data. Here is what I came up with. Does this help? I've attached my workflow in case you want to see it more in depth. 

Help1.PNG

chandr45
6 - Meteoroid

Hi JoBen,

I did try but didn't get any success. I am attaching the details for your review.

Please accept my apologies for putting you on spot.

Best,

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Happy to help :) Do you mind uploading your input csv file as well?

chandr45
6 - Meteoroid

Hi JoBen,

Please find the csv, this csv and workflow used it for initially. I would need a way out to put a page break on line 30. 

Please note, this is not a CSV file, this is a just converted PDF into CSV.

Thank you and appreciate it.

JoBen
11 - Bolide

I'm not quite sure. I think that you could create a dummy text input with the "-------" and then union it to your datastream before the datastream writes to the csv file. It might look something like this.

Help2.PNG

Help1.PNG

Labels