Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

WorkFlow - Page Break For multiple Output

chandr45
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team,

I created this workflow for a client of mine. The client accepted my output now they have come back to me to generate bulk in one go. Keeping in my mind, I created this for 1 document. Is there any way to put a column or a line in the output to separate the output after each documents are processed.

Appreciate your help.

P.S - I am new to alteryx and love it. I don't have much of programming knowledge.

Best,

7 REPLIES 7
JoBen
11 - Bolide

Hi @chandr45, welcome to Alteryx! Are you basically trying to write to the Spain.csv file from two different data streams?

chandr45
6 - Meteoroid

Hi JoBen,

Thank you for your response.

Basically, I am converting PDF input into CSV then inputting that CSV to format into excel. Now, I have a 10 to 15 PDF need to format it, with the current workflow it will format for all. I need to do a page break after each client. For e.g

Client A

---------

Client B

-------

Client C

with current workflow it is flowing - 

Client A

Client B

Client C

Thank you for your help.

Best,

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Okay. I think this may help then. I'm not exactly sure without seeing the data at the final output, but I tried to mirror your data. Here is what I came up with. Does this help? I've attached my workflow in case you want to see it more in depth. 

Help1.PNG

chandr45
6 - Meteoroid

Hi JoBen,

I did try but didn't get any success. I am attaching the details for your review.

Please accept my apologies for putting you on spot.

Best,

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Happy to help :) Do you mind uploading your input csv file as well?

chandr45
6 - Meteoroid

Hi JoBen,

Please find the csv, this csv and workflow used it for initially. I would need a way out to put a page break on line 30. 

Please note, this is not a CSV file, this is a just converted PDF into CSV.

Thank you and appreciate it.

JoBen
11 - Bolide

I'm not quite sure. I think that you could create a dummy text input with the "-------" and then union it to your datastream before the datastream writes to the csv file. It might look something like this.

Help2.PNG

Help1.PNG

Labels