Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Windows folder not recognizing Alteryx filetype

DrydenChicago
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded to new version 2020.40, and I noticed that the Windows folder is not recognizing the Alteryx filetype and was asking which available apps should be used.  I accidently selected Adobe which appears as Adobe filetype in a window folder.  Although, I'm still able to just open the Alteryx tool and open the workflow from the folder.  Any help is appreciated!

Sincerely,

Andy

9 REPLIES 9
DrydenChicago
7 - Meteor

Thank Qui, I gave it a try, and it looks like Windows doesn't have Alteryx app out there as shown in attached file.WindowsAppIssue.JPG

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@DrydenChicago 
How about we try another way,

Right click on the Alteryx file, and choose open with

Untitled1.pngUntitled2.png

Untitled3.PNG

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can change this in your window settings. Go to your Default apps/default programs. Select to choose by file type. Scroll down until you find file extensions associated with Alteryx (.yxmd, .yxwz, .yxzp, .yxi etc.). If you click on the program icon to the right, you can choose what you want to set it to.

echuong1_1-1608247524138.png

echuong1_0-1608247472383.png

DrydenChicago
7 - Meteor

Thank you Qui, your approach works well!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@DrydenChicago 

Thank you for the accept mark also.

aluthra
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu,

Thanks for the steps, I was able to locate the alteryx.exe and assign it to Alteryx files. Back to normal  🙂

Thanks,

@aluthra 

hsyuibe86
6 - Meteoroid

Very helpful, thank you

jmschick
5 - Atom

In case it helps, I had to go through a slightly different route than what is listed above, as my right-click context menu was a little different:

Default App Picture 0.jpgDefault App Picture 1.jpgDefault App Picture 2.jpg

Labels