Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Wildcard in Directory tool

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Hello:

Great analytics folks. I have used Directory tool and wildcard (*) for input file in at Network Shared Drive. The workflow is not picking the input. How can I solve this problem?

Kinetic_analytics_0-1659547136728.png

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Kinetic_analytics 

I believe wildcards are only supported in the file specification. Not in the path itself. Relative paths are supported though.

When you say 'picking the input' what do you mean? The directory just returns a list of files found - you'd need to use a dynamic input or batch macro to get actual data.

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

I mean The directory just returns a list of files found. I need to select manually the location.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

I'm not sure I follow what the issue is. Could you describe the use case, desired behavior, and what's happening?

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Please see the screenshot. 

Kinetic_analytics_0-1659549338767.png

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Kinetic_analytics 

As I mentioned, the directory path does not support wild cards. That's what the the 'include subdirectories' option would be for. 

Labels