community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Wildcard XLSX Input by Crew

Atom

Does anyone have an example using this macro?  I get the error below after selecting the directory.  I don't see anywhere to select sheets that I want.  But that was the whole reason for using this tool.  I can't get the person to use the same name for the workbook tab...

The field "sheet names" is not contained in the record

Thanks, Ed

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @edley

The Macro is supposed to include all sheets in all excel files by nature. The configuration is to exclude sheets names, which you can do by listing them at the bottom. If you can share your worklfow and excel files (can just have sample data), I can look at it and see what's causing the exact error. 

Cheers,

Mike

Alteryx
Alteryx

FWIW there is an example of how to use the tool under the tutorials->CREW->1. Wildcard input

good luck!

Asteroid

Hi, 

Could anyone give me the path to this tutorial? I could not find it. 

thank you 

myriam

Meteoroid

The tutorial is actually in the Designer App, under the Help menu...

Meteoroid

The tutorial is actually in the Designer App, under the Help menu...

Asteroid

hi jgivvin,

many thanks! 

Happy New Year!

Asteroid

Hello

I hope this helps: 

I see that error too...CReW_error.png

...but when I run the flow, the error disappears: CReW_OK.png

Furthermore, the N output (where unmatched sheets are diverted) is empty, so that's good.  And using a Summarise tool downflow, grouping by FullPath with min [Date] and max [Date] shows that all my sheets have been read in and all the rows in those sheets have been correctly read too.  

In short, provided your N is empty and you check your Summarise outputs, you should be good to go.

PS here's a screenshot of the configuration I use for the Summarise checking: 

Summarise.png

Labels