Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Widescreen Powerpoint Rendering

lheureuxg
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I'm trying to build a workflow that outputs slides in 16:9 widescreen format, to match our company's preferred style.

However, when configuring the Render tool, I am unable to affect the size of the resulting slides. Regardless of my choices, they come out as 8.5 x 11 with 0.5 margins.

I am able to choose landscape vs portrait, but nothing else.

Does anyone know whether this is by design? The inability to format slides to what's increasingly become the modern standard is a frustrating limitation.

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @lheureuxg 

Currently, our reporting tools do not handle the 16:9 format.
There is an existing Idea for this feature request, if you can please go leave a like on this idea, that will help to prioritize this issue. (If you have any co-workers on Community, I would recommend they all go and like this idea.)

A workaround may be to just output images and put those images in the PPT.

Hope this helps!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
lheureuxg
7 - Meteor

Thanks @TrevorS . I had seen the idea and commented on it last week, but I've gone and liked it this morning as well.

I'm hopeful that it will soon see a bit of movement, as it appears to have sat idle since 2018, and the world continues to shift toward 16:9 resolution for PPT.

The desire for my internal customers to be able to edit the PPT following its rendering by Alteryx, unfortunately, makes the suggestion of outputting everything as images only marginally helpful.

Thanks for your input.

Labels