Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Why some numbers are in Text format

Sushantmutreja1
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have few queries regarding Render Tool:

1. The output which came out was as per my requirement but all numbers which were more than 9,999 are not in number format instead they are in Text format, due to which I was not able to apply mathematical operations in excel output.
  2. Also, just want to know, how can we export output using Render Tool 

Also, attached is the workflow which would help for better understanding.

Thanks

Sushant

19 REPLIES 19
vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

Really strange!! Why don't you output it as excel file rather using render tool?? May be this could be a case of excel sheet which gets exported through render tool.

Sushantmutreja1
7 - Meteor

Sure! can you guide me on the same please, how do I export output in Tabular format? 

vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

Select Output Data tool in configuration you can browse the folder and type of file in which you want to store the data.

Sushantmutreja1
7 - Meteor

Using Table Tool and then Output tool is not giving a desired output.

After using Table tool, how can I export the table?

Really sorry for bothering you so much and thanks for your time

vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

Brother, just add the output tool after the new "select" tool you added. There will be no need of any Reporting tool.

Sushantmutreja1
7 - Meteor

Sorry, but how should I get the data in tabular format then?

Really apologies, but this is kind of urgent/important for me as my entire report is pending on this, else I need to export it using Output tool and then format it in excel (which will be a duplication of work).

danrh
13 - Pulsar

As odd as it sounds, it looks like this is caused by the wrap-text functionality in Excel.  In your Render tool, change the width of your paper size.  All I did to your original workflow was switch from Portrait to Landscape and it resulted in numbers:

image.png

image.png

Whatever width you pick, just make sure there's enough room for your data.

Sushantmutreja1
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much for the help, now it's working fine. Really appreciate it :) 

ck2019
9 - Comet

Thanks - this helped me too - I had to select a custom sheet size as the problem still persisted with landscape selected.

This seems like a bug - should it be reported somehow?

yc151
7 - Meteor

i have the same issue, Your solutions works. thank you!

Labels