Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Why is my Cass output in Demo Mode?

asteryx
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I've been using CASS regularly for over a year. Normally, every couple of months, we get a notification that a new data set is available and we update the files and it runs fine.

Today for the first time, I'm getting an error in the results under CASS_ErrorString: "Demo Mode Only".

The only thing I can find on this in the Community is here: https://help.alteryx.com/current/CASS.htm where it only explains the code (only Nevada addresses are handled in Demo mode).

Does anybody know what happened?

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
BetterFerret
8 - Asteroid

Not sure why they aren't just posting the workaround here.  It is quite simple and I believe the license key should be rather universal seeing CASS is not an 'extra' add on data set.

I would recommend you all reach out to support.  Turn around was fairly quick.

TravisR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello –

The issue with the US and Canada CASS engine has been resolved. If you have already spoken to a Support team member and your CASS engine is successfully running, no action is required by you.

Please download the updated CASS engines from the “Data Packages” tab from the Licensing and Download Portal (licenses.alteryx.com) to reinstall the latest install. Alternatively, these updates can also be found on the CASS downloads page:

US and CA CASS: downloads.alteryx.com/CASS_US_CAN_2018_04.exe

US CASS: downloads.alteryx.com/CASS_2018_04.exe

CAN CASS: downloads.alteryx.com/CANADA_2018_04.exe

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.

kw
7 - Meteor

I am still encountering the issue even after downloading the new CASS system. in the log, I receive the following message: MELISSADATA CASS - Engine Build=3145 DEMO.

Please help.

MikeSp
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kw.

Sorry to hear the issue still isn't resolved!

When first executing the CASS .exe you download, the first step is just an extraction process, similar to unzipping a zip file. Please ensure you've also run the "DataInstall.exe" from the directory you chose to extract the CASS data to, as this is the process that actually installs and updates the data. Once you step through the installer, the data should be up to date and the issue should be resolved.

If you're still seeing issues with the demo mode after running the DataInstall.exe and choosing to update the CASS data, please reach out to our support team at support@alteryx.com and we will reach out to further assist.

Thank you!

Mike Spoula
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx
npiatek1
6 - Meteoroid

I administer a few installations and they are all still reporting CASS_ErrorCode "D" after trying the updated installation. I tried BOTH the US_CAN and US only installations. Same deal. Can't get jobs out with broken CASS

TravisR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @npiatek1 Please reach out to support@alteryx.com for further assistance with this.

npiatek1
6 - Meteoroid

Just sent out the email

elamm43
7 - Meteor

What finally worked for me:

1. Run the data installer and ONLY uninstall the CASS Data Sets (do not install any CASS data sets)
2. Delete all the CASS data files from your local directory
3. Download the CASS file again, extract to directory
4. Run installer and install the CASS Data Sets

This fixed the issue, where as downloading & running the install directly did not. 

donleyp
5 - Atom

This worked for me as well.  Thanks for posting.

Labels