Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Why is my Cass output in Demo Mode?

asteryx
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I've been using CASS regularly for over a year. Normally, every couple of months, we get a notification that a new data set is available and we update the files and it runs fine.

Today for the first time, I'm getting an error in the results under CASS_ErrorString: "Demo Mode Only".

The only thing I can find on this in the Community is here: https://help.alteryx.com/current/CASS.htm where it only explains the code (only Nevada addresses are handled in Demo mode).

Does anybody know what happened?

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
TravisR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @asteryx

We are aware of the issue and actively working to resolve it. We will have a fixed version of CASS pushed to the downloads page today.

kaylakurtzpd
7 - Meteor

We are also having the same issue! When do you expect the new download to be up? This is pretty urgent!

Thanks,

Kayla

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@TravisR please let us know when a fix is available. This is a critical process for us as well.

TravisR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @kaylakurtzpd and @patrick_digan

We understand it's an urgent problem and are working to get this fix pushed out quickly. We plan to have it available for download in 4 hours. For more immediate support regarding this, please contact our support team - support@alteryx.com.

I will respond to this thread as soon as we have the fixed CASS installers pushed to our download portals.

benstroud
7 - Meteor

Is there a way to configure Alteryx/CASS so that workflows fail when the CASS data/license isn't operating as expecting? The fallback to "demo" mode isn't a good solution from my perspective. It makes it too easy to overlook the issue and much later realize one has serious data problems. If actual CASS can't be applied successfully, I'd prefer the workflow to error and stop processing.

Thanks

robby
5 - Atom

I have not seen any updates to this message.  Has there been a fix created yet?  Our clients are waiting so please provide an update ASAP.

Thanks!

MikeSp
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello everyone,

Our apologies for the late update on the situation, the Data team has been working diligently to correct the issue and complete the update of the CASS data package for an updated release. This is in progress and we will provide an update as soon as the release is posted.

Edit: The updated release information has been posted here.

Thank you!

Mike Spoula
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx
toddhowl
7 - Meteor

Agggghhhhhhhhh! 

Any Updates? I'm on 2018.1 now, if I upgrade to 2018.2, will CASS work? I need to get some stuff done before INSPIRE!!!!!

:-)

bbuccini
5 - Atom

Following. Hoping for a fix soon!

Labels