Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Why is it taking so long to run ODBC in Alteryx

mikeficarra
5 - Atom

mikeficarra_0-1667570558837.png

Reports are taking me around 30 minutes to run that are others are able to run in 1 to 2 minutes. Does anyone know why this is happening?

4 REPLIES 4
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

There are multiple factors that can account to that such as the driver version, database performance, size of the data, your connection, etc. Usually ODBC is slower when compared to OleDB.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mikeficarra 

It would be good to know a couple of things before analyzing your issue:

- Database provider you're connecting to

- Driver details (name, version, etc.)

- DSN Configuration

- Query

With this information in hands we might be able to provide more guidance to you..

Cheers,

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you run them In-DB vs on Canvas? When you run on canvas you try to bring your data into memory and then send it through your workflow vs pulling as little data as possible onto your canvas (via In-DB tools and Data Stream Out)...

Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @mikeficarra,

I would recommend following the advice provided above first, but one additional thing to check -

I've come across very slow performance a few times before where one of the columns being extracted is a calculated column.

Regards,

Ben

Labels